Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Nanook has a special blog now!



This is my husky dog Nanook. I did not name her nor am I first owner. She came to me almost a year ago and she is approximately 5 years old. People often think she is a boy and the name doesn't help with that but she is my Nanook, my Nookie, my Nookie Cookie , my Cookie. My son and his family were in the process of moving so we said we would watch her for awhile. If it's OK to say I fell in love with a dog I did. It would be awhile before they could take her in and myself and my youngest son became so attached to her we were told we could keep her. At last! Another dog. We had our last dog a sweet and loving Basset Hound for 14 years and the kids grew up with her. Forever it seems I couldn't get my husband talked into letting me have another dog but he saw how she won my heart and Eric's and here she stays. She is full bred husky with papers and all but she also came to us pregnant which we didn't know at first. She was let outside when they thought her heat cycle was over but not so. All her litters have been husky puppies but this one was a large litter of what looked like black labs. They all looked more lab than husky. There were 8 puppies and we fretted some about finding homes for them but we did with my son Justin's help. My daughter has one named Zorro and also my friend Cinna who lives in Michigan. Leo will get to experience a lot of snow. I know I grew up in Michigan but if he is like Nanook he loves snow! So glad that her and her son have Nanook's puppy Leo and my daughter has Zorro. They both have great and loving homes! I get to see pictures of Leo on Cinna's blog and I get to see Zorro in person. Sometimes I babysit him and Nanook enjoys that.









Since I have so many photos of Nanook and we spend so much time together walking & at home I have decided to try something different and dedicate this blog to Nanook !

3 comments:

  1. I look forward to more Nanook & Cheryl stories!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I will be following your love story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I know the story of Nanook and her puppies and what a good story it is!

    ReplyDelete