Thursday, May 2, 2013

Fur Angels



I don't mean to make it sound like my dog is the greatest friend that I have in life. It's just that she is here for me and I for her. I forgot how beloved a pet can be then Nanook came along. I think God sent her to me for this special time because life has had a lot of twists and turns and heartache. She's like an Angel. I used to be cynical about people talking so sweetly about their animals but I've come to know God blessed us with them for a reason. When my Dad was in the nursing home there was a resident dog. Oh how he loved her. She would come visit the rooms sometimes. His face would light up. He missed his Lady Bell.







Nanook and my youngest twin grand daughters.


Dogs don't care how tall, short, thin , heavy you are. They are not interested in eye color, hair color or what "pretty" looks like by the worlds standards. They do not care about skin color or many other things that divide some people. I have heard that dogs cannot even see in color. I'm not sure how science determines that but whether they can or cannot matters not. Dogs understand love and although as in some humans there are not so nice ones out there if you have a good dog they will love so unconditionally and with fierce loyalty. I'm not saying they aren't hopeful for rewards though. Too funny how Nanook begs with her eyes! But don't we all love rewards and don't we all love being loved! Thank God for family , and friends. Nanook is both to me!


And thank God for Angels!

1 comment: