Monday, January 22, 2024

Memories a little of this that and whatever


 


You are unique and you matter, your voice matters, your life matters and your smile can touch hearts.

The top picture I made a long time ago because I have a special love for quiet places and walks through the country or by the water, it's from the farms that I walk close by where I live. It's about a 30-minute walk to walk up the no end road to the farms, it's where I do some of my best praying, especially because prayer also involves listening. It's amazing how nature speaks. God's fingerprints are all around us, in fact they are on us. I think about the song by Steven Curtis Chapman, Fingerprints of God. 


This little blanket quilt was presented to me by a little girl at church. She is our pastor's adopted daughter, and she was about 10 when I received it. She made it by hand and prayed over it and the sweet little girl also prayed for me when she presented it to me. My heart was so touched.  I feel like I am surrounded by a blanket of love sometimes and it's because God has placed so many wonderful people in my life. I'm sure you know sometimes the smallest of kindnesses have the biggest effect.  I know there's been times I've been down and received a kind word and it's brightened my day. 

This is the pup my kids grew up with. She was a basset hound and at first her ears were so long for her short body she almost trip on them. I think animals are good for little ones and it helps teach responsibility, gentleness and caring for God's creatures. Maggie was her name and she lived 15 years. Thats a few years older than the average for a dog of her breed so we did alright!
Sometimes I wish I could just step back in time and visit for a while. I wish I would have had cell phones and digital pictures then it's so easy now to capture memories!
Have a wonderful day everyone! Have fun making new memories!






I think you're rather special! 


Just a few random grandkid pictures here. The little baby one is my son Justin with his youngest Simon when he was born. He's now 11 or maybe 12! Times going by so fast!

Life is full of so many great memories!

My family years ago!!!


 and grandchildren


 and my girl dog Nanook above . She was good. I actually wrote a new blog on the page I had for her under Sunlit Pathway with a dog, Good memories 

and of course, Ollie and his pizza...some of the planet's best food! the pizza looks almost as big as him!






Who is God to me? It depends on the day or night and what I have need of 

Who Is God to Me?

The One who sees my most inward parts and loves me in spite of my struggles,

The One I can call in the darkest hours of the night and not be afraid I will wake Him because He never sleeps.

The One that I can pour out my heart and soul to and know that even though nothing is hidden from Him I am loved.

The One who reaches to me with a strong and gentle hand when I am sinking in the murky waters of discouragement.

The One who has called me and will equip me each and every day of my life, the One who is faithful.

The One who does not dwell in temples made with hands but within a heart that is formed by His own hands.

The One who holds my tears in His bottle and pours in the oil of His healing to a hurting heart.

The One who sings over me in the night a song that speaks life and shines hope where there is despair.

Cheryl N



And here’s to new beginnings, me and Toby my little Maltese yorkie mix. I still struggle with some physical and emotional discomforts after having cancer and treatments but I know there’s a pathway before me and it’s sunlit by the sunshine of Gods love ❤️ 
I’m blessed with so many family and friends too, have a blesssed day!

1 comment:

  1. I have your link on my page, and I've stopped by over the years. So good to see your new posts. Prayers continue for your health and progress. Thanks for allowing me to enjoy your Son lit path. I'm certain Nanook appreciates your having Toby's companionship, too.

    ReplyDelete